- Download the SportSEngine app to your smartphone.
- Set up a username and password on phone or on a desktop for SportSEngine.
- Serach the app for our program by typing in "Sting - White". There will be a Sting logo associated with it..
- When you find the team, click on the star and it will become a "favorite" in your app.
- Go to account settings (upper right corner of screen) and turn on updates for games and events.
- From the schedule page, click on the forward icon at the top right of the screen to subscribe to the team calendar for your smartphone.
- To add other family members to the communication chain, log-in to SportSEngine through the TYHA.net website and from the drop down menu in the upper left hand corner under your username, click on "account settings" and then click on "add email address" to your account profile. You can then manage that email for notifications from the account settings page.
- USA Hockey Registration (free): Click on this USA hockey website and choose “ice managers/volunteers”
- Background Check through USA Hockey is $30. Click on this USA Hockey website link and then on 'click here for background screen' button. This is a requirement for Volunteer/Locker Room Monitors.
- Safe Sport Online Training Program (free): Go to this USA Hockey website for instructions on how to complete this online training.
Thanks in advance for your willingness to help out at the rink!
- We will always need parent to help set up temporary boards at all our home games. No training required, just safe shoes a little muscle!
- Our home games will also require a parent (or two) to operate the scoreboard during a game. If you know how to push a couple buttons and read directions, you are qualified! Please touch base with any of the coaching staff if you are willing to help so we can slot people into a schedule. Thank you!
Use common sense and stay home if you or your child is not feeling well.
INSERT ASST. COACHES HERE
- Check out John O'Sullivan's Ted Talk about supporting your child in youth sports at: http://changingthegameproject.com (click on the link toward the bottom left of the page). John is a well-known author, speaker and expert on youth sports and he and his team at changingthegameproject.com are committed to keeping kids at the forefront of youth sports.
- Here is another great blog by John regarding why kids play sports: changingthegameproject.com/kids-play-sports/
- Check out the Parent Handbookdeveloped by USA Hockey. It is a great resource for any parent no matter the age or level or your child.
- Travel Sports vs. "House" or Recreational: What is best for the child and keeping things in perspective
- A recent article in USA Hockey magazine about the benefits of House hockey or what is now referred to as Tier III.